Sunday, June 27, 2004

GRAPEVINE TRAIL CAMP AND PICNIC GROUNDS, SHAWNEE NATIONAL FOREST, Mc CLURE, IL

27 June, 2004. We started the day by visiting our good friend, Robbie Sanders in Cape Girardeau, MO. Robbie was one of my best frinds while I was in college at SIU (Carbondale, IL) from 1991 to 1995. Robbie is in a wheelchair and is one of the most capable people I know. He's an international tennis champion as well as great basketball player. He just graduated from college in Missouri and is moving to Texas next month. We watched "Underworld" on DVD while we were at his apartment. It was great to see him. Grapevine Trail was only a few miles from his place and it was free so we camped there for the night. No water or electricity but the price was right. And we were the only ones there. There were huge logs waiting for me at the tiny campround so I burned several of them and was even able to leave 4 logs for the next person.

No comments: